Family and guest instructions
COVID-19 safety protocols
UNM is following the CDC guidelines regarding masking requirements based on COVID-19 community level . Masks are not currently mandated to be worn indoors, though those who feel more comfortable wearing a mask are strongly encouraged to do so. UNM also encourages attendees to have up-to-date vaccinations, though proof of vaccination will not be required for attendance. If you are feeling ill, please stay home. The ceremony can be viewed live at graduation.unm.edu or through UNM’s social media sites on Facebook or YouTube.
Should the community level change before the event, UNM may require the use of masks. Please continue to check graduation.unm.edu for any updates. For additional information about UNM’s current COVID-19 safety protocols, visit Bringing Back the Pack | The University of New Mexico (unm.edu).
- We are following the Clear Bag Policy. The Clear Bag Policy will be in effect for Commencement ceremonies. Please visit Clear Bag Policy – University of New Mexico Lobos athletics (golobos.com) and READ CAREFULLY
- Glass such as cups, mugs, of vases are not allowed due to safety concerns.
- Balloons with helium are not allowed as they can get lost in the rafters and lodged in the ventilation system.
NUMBER OF GUESTS
- We strongly encourage graduating students to limit their guests to six, to provide enough room for all graduates’ Families and Guests.
PARKING AND SEATING
- Doors open at 7:30am.
- Family and Guests must park in the large parking lot to the East, across University Blvd from the Arena.
- Family and Guests enter through the Northeast corner doors of the Arena.
- Family and Guest seats are first come, first served. No ‘holding’ or ‘saving’ of seats.
- Family and Guests should allow time for traffic, parking, and seating.
- ADA seating for guests is available on the Concourse level.
- Visit the parking page for more information*
MEDICAL OR SAFETY EMERGENCY
- First Aid/Medical is located in the Southeast corner of the Pit concourse in a first aid room.
- Representatives from EMS (Emergency Medical Services) and Police/Security are housed in the Pit command post, which is in the Northwest corner of the Pit.
TAKING PHOTOGRAPHY AFTER THE CEREMONY
- No Pit floor or stage access is allowed once the ceremony is over.
- Immediately after the last graduate has recessed out of their seating and the recessional music has ended, the stage will be dismantled, and all supplies removed.
MEETING YOUR GRADUATES AFTER THE CEREMONY
- It is suggested that graduating students and families and guests pre-plan a meeting location for themselves after the ceremony, to alleviate congestion while exiting the Arena.
WATCHING THE CEREMONIES ONLINE
- There will be a link on the homepage of graduation.unm.edu to view the livestream of the ceremony.
- The ceremonies will also be livestreamed on UNM’s official Facebook and YouTube sites.
WATER FOUNTAINS, BEVERAGES, AND FOOD
- Water fountains are located around the perimeter of the main concourse.
- Concessions will be open on the main concourse.
- Restrooms are located around the perimeter of the main concourse.