Diploma questions not answered below should be directed to Records and Registration at 277-8900 or by e-mail to email@example.com.
- Graduates may sign-up online at graduation.unm.edu to submit diploma information. If you do not sign up online for your diploma before deadline, the Records Office will mail your diploma to your mailing address on file.
- The diploma signup form requires that you have a pending degree status for the current semester. If you do not have a pending degree status and believe this to be incorrect, please contact your academic advisor and then return to the diploma signup page once the status has been corrected.
- The diploma signup form displays your degree and major as found in the student system. If you find the displayed degree or major to be incorrect, contact your academic advisor and then return to the diploma signup page once your degree has been corrected.
- Official name change requests can be made through the Office of Records and Registration before the end of the semester of graduation. You will also need to notify your advisor of any changes. For more information see Fastinfo Answer ID 3576.
- Pending Graduates who have missed the deadline for online signup at graduation.unm.edu may use this form to submit your diploma information before they are sent out:: http://registrar.unm.edu/forms/Diploma_Information.pdf
- You will NOT receive your diploma at the Commencement Ceremony or at any of the convocation ceremonies.
- Diplomas will be available per the schedule in the list below. If you specified that your diploma be held for pickup it will be available at the Office of Records and Registration on South Campus at the Student Success and Services Center. Otherwise, your diploma will be mailed to either the address you specified on the diploma signup form or to your address on record.
- If you graduate in Fall, your diploma will be ready in mid-February.
- If you graduate in Spring, your diploma will be ready in mid-July.
- If you graduate in Summer, your diploma will be ready in mid-September.
- Branch campus diplomas are mailed out by the Office of Records and Registration.
- Students with dual majors or combined degrees from the same school/college will receive one diploma with both majors/degrees printed on it. You will receive two separate diplomas if you earned dual degrees.
- Minors and concentrations DO NOT appear on diplomas. However, they will appear on your transcripts.
- Baccalaureate, departmental and university honors are printed on the transcript and the diploma. Graduate level honors "with distinction" for masters and doctoral degrees are printed on the transcript but not on the diploma.
- Duplicate diplomas may be ordered through the Office of Records and Registration at a charge of $15 for each additional copy.
- Diplomas can be mailed to an international address.
- You may have someone else pick up your diploma for you; they will need to bring a signed letter from you authorizing him/her to pick it up on your behalf. Please remember to include your Student ID number in your letter.
- Some branch campuses grant certificates for some of their programs (e.g. Certificate in Holistic Health and Healing). These certificates are not awarded through the main campus. Those who will be receiving these certificates need to contact the Registrar at their branch.